Monday 13 April 2009

Where Did the Spring Term Go?

Where Did the Spring Term Go? Truth be told, I haven't a clue. Rationally speaking it was the same 10 weeks as Autumn term, but I swear physics bent its rules, the Fourth Dimension inverted itself, because term absolutely flew by. To help recap, here are some photos of Spring Term. Enjoy!


It snowed in London this winter, and I do mean it SNOWED. To the extent that school was canceled, all public transport (including the underground!) was shut down, as were all airports with nary a cab in sight. It was the first true snow fall in London in 20 years. Least to say, snowballs wizzed through the air as everyone indulged their inner child and let loose for a day. And yes, that is an igloo in central London.


After dragging my flatmates to see the Superbowl at the student bar, we were privledged to walk home at three in the morning through a city with fresh fallen snow. One of the prettiest - and coldest! - walks I've had over here. Here is me with Francesca in front of their house for next year. Ok, maybe in their dreams.


Borough High Street, covered in Snow!

Another shot from our post-Superbowl walk home. Mathew, Laura and I stood on the Millenium bridge staring at St. Paul's in wonder. I feel like we're in an oil painting in this picture, or in Francesca's words, "Something out of Narnia".

Kensington Palace - Gorgeous!!



Here are some of the Gardens attached to Hollond park, which I visited when fellow HC-er Sarah Langan came up to London for a visit.


I snuck this picture from the Tate Britain (and was told off by the guard who caught me doing so) of a giant, floor-to-ceiling art instillation. It's built out of highly polished silver plates, platters, bowls, mugs, etc. Or, as I like to think of it, a huge shiny pimp glass.


Here is a shot of the Steps in front of St. Paul's Cathedral. That tiny blob of a person there? Yep, that's me. I love night walks.


The sand art at Gabriel's Wharf never fails to amaze me, but this particular artist cracked me up with this slightly sadistic sand sculpture. It is, without fail, one of my favorites. I suggest clicking on the picture to study all the details.


On a very rare, beautifully sunny day, we made a trip to visit Buckingham Palace.


That same day we journey through St. James's Park. Admittedly, the river was drained for spring cleaning (like you don't all do that at home), but the sun was out and the trees were in bloom.


And finally, me sitting in a tree in St. James's Park.


More pictures to be posted as they come in!

1 comment:

Netochka Nezvanova said...

hey, i was searching the not forgotten project and your blog came up. i volunteer at archives now and work on that project. were you a capa intern as well?

krisannegray@gmail.com